Hello! Thank you for dropping by. I was looking at some photos I’ve saved in my phone and came across those of the Fennel Mushroom Risotto I made last weekend. My husband said it was delicious and even asked what spices I used ( he knows I love apices 😀 ) And he was surprised when I said only salt and pepper. I PROMISE!
Here’s my version of a very easy, quick, delicious risotto. It is vegan and alcohol-free. This recipe is very basic and requires minimal effort to make. Enjoy! 🙂
Prep time 5 mins | Cook time 30 mins
1 Cup Arborio Rice
3 Cups Water ( you can use vegetable stock )
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
200 g Mushrooms ( about 7-8 medium-sized ones )
1 Red Onion
3-4 Pieces Dried Tomatoes ( you can use cherry tomatoes )
Salt and Pepper to taste
always, a sprinkle of love 😉
- Prepare the vegetables :
- roughly chop onion
- slice mushrooms
- slice tomatoes
- cut fennel into small pieces. (should be larger than the onion pieces )
- Heat olive oil in a pot and fry onion and fennel for about 7 minutes on high heat.
! IMPORTANT ! : I used no spices because the flavor in this dish comes from the caramelized onion and fennel. Take your time. Wait until it turns aromatic and the vegetables have browned slightly.
- Add tomatoes and mushroom slices into the pot. Fry for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add in rice and liquid of choice. I used only water – the caramelized vegetables will provide enough flavor. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until rice is soft and liquid disappears. It should be mushy.
- EAT AND BE HAPPY !! 🙂
PS : Cooking time varies according to the brand of rice. It took me 15 minutes on high heat, so please check the cooking instructions on your rice packaging.