Stuffed Paprika!! Or pepper.. Whatever you wish to call it. A great dish during this cold weather. Here is my take on a vegetarian stuffed paprika. Of course you can make it vegan by just replacing the cheese or even omitting it entirely. You will need only 15 minutes to prepare this and let the oven take over while you get ready for work/school or sip a nice cup of tea and relax.
Enjoy! Oh, and always cook with love 😉
Prep time 5 mins | Cook Time 30 mins
3 Pepper / Paprika
1 Red Onion
15 cherry Tomatoes
1 Cup Cooked Rice
200 G Cooked Chickpeas
2 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
1 Teaspoon Paprika Powder
½ Teaspoon Ginger Powder
1 Star Anise Pod
1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- Wash yo veggies! Because hygiene.
- Cook rice. You can also use leftover rice, couscous, quinoa or even boiled potatoes.
- Slice the tomatoes and onion. Dice zucchini.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and heat up coconut oil in a pan.
- Fry onion until caramelized and add all the spices. Wait for 3 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the sliced tomatoes, chickpeas and splash of water if your vegetables are sticking to the pan.
- After 5 minutes, you can add the rice to the vegetables and mix well. Add juice of 1/2 lemon. Salt to taste.
- While the stuffing is cooking in the pan, prepare your pepper/ paprika. Cut them in half (vertically, of course) and deseed them. Brush the halves with some olive oil and line them in a baking dish.
- Stuff the peppers and top with cheese (if you want). I topped mine with parmesan, nutritional yeast and coconut flakes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow it to cool before you dig in because you don’t want to burn your tongue.
I hope you find it tasty and it keeps your belly full and your heart warm.