Happy New Year!
I hope you had a great time during Christmas and New Year. I ate ALOT. #noregrets Well… maybe just a little? ANYWAY. Here is my take on vegan oat bars. They are super easy to make and delicious af. Give this a go and let me know if you liked them! They are suitable for post-workout snacks or even a simple snack between your meals. Definitely healthier than reaching for a bar of chocolate! I prefer dark chocolate in my bars, but you can add anything or even nothing. The toasted coconut provides a nutty flavour on its own. Enjoy!
Makes 14 Small Bars
Prep time 10 mins | Cook time 15 mins
2 Cups Oats
½ Cup Dried Coconut Flakes
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
1 ¼ Cups Agave Syrup
¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
¼ Cup Chopped Dark Chocolate
- Roast oats and coconut flakes in the oven at 180°C for about 5 mins.
- In a pot, melt peanut butter on a low flame and stir in agave syrup.
- Remove toasted oats and coconut flakes, and add to the mixture in pot.
- Stir thoroughly. At this point, you can add any nuts, berries, chocolates, if you prefer to.
- Place on baking tray into any shape. I made a rectangle and it was about ½ inch thick.
- Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool.
- Ta Da! You can eat it as it is or top it with melted dark chocolate and pop it into the fridge to set.
I told you it was easy! 😉
PS : cook with love!